System Integration & Software ManagementCapability
Mowe has been involved in system integration and software development for past 20 years over many onshore and offshore projects.
A) System Integration
Our team of Engineers is proficient in design and integration of systems solutions to client’s specifications in Marine, Oil & Gas, and Power industries. As industries grows with Information Technology, system integration works hand in hand with software management to improve reliability and compliance in the industry.
We have delivered many customized solutions in terms of size, pressure, and other engineering parameters to major oil and gas customers include Shell, Murphy, MMHE, THHE, Technip and others.
Our delivery of several FSO, FPSO, Platforms and Jack ups in terms of marine, offshore and top side packages to clients are well in service till today.
Our engineering delivery of HPHT system at 15000 psi and flow rate controlled at 1.3 Litre per hour which equates to 0.021 Litres per minute is still our most challenging task till today and of a pinnacle project till today with Petronas.
We deliver solutions to customers and work hand in hand with them earnestly form design, project management, Factory Acceptance test to the final stages of Site Acceptance test and offshore hook-ups and commissioning.
Illustrations of Factory Acceptance Test and System Acceptance Test
There is no part of our process / journey that we do not answer customer’s queries earnestly.
With good and honest work, good references are obtained. Good friendship is entrenched.
We obtained good references from Shell, FPSO Ventures, Petrofac and many other major customers.
DOWNLOAD PDF INFORMATION:
B) Software Design and Development - SCADA / PLC / HMI
Mowe is capable of designing and developing a complete automation solution for process applications according to customer demands and specifications.
SCADA / PLC / HMI systems are not only used in Oil & Gas industries, they are also controlled solutions for all other industries like pharmaceutical, buildings, civil, mining, aviation and works with heating, valve automation, instrumentation, solar and other mechanical / measuring equipment.
SCADA , PLC and HMI Works Hand-In-Hand…
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) is a control system capable to perform a supervisory operation over large-scale processes that can include multiple sites, and work over large distances as well as small distance. SCADA system also have a huge capacity for data collection, and process data faster and with accuracy, and allow smooth communication between various parts of the system.
SCADA system comprising of both hardware elements like computers, and software elements like networked data communications and Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) for high-level process supervisory management, while also comprising other peripheral devices like Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and discrete Human Machine Interface (HMI) controllers to interface with process plant or machinery.
Main Elements of a SCADA system:
- Supervisory Computers which is the core of the SCADA system, gathering data on the process and sending control commands to the field connected devices. It refers to the computer and software responsible for communicating with the field connection controllers, which are RTUs and PLCs, and includes the HMI software running on operator workstations.
- Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) connect to sensors and actuators in the process, and are networked to the supervisory computer system. RTUs have embedded control capabilities and often conform to the IEC 61131-3 standard for programming and support automation via ladder logic, a function block diagram or a variety of other languages.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), are connected to sensors and actuators in the process, and are networked to the supervisory microcomputer system. This powerful microcomputer monitor the state of input devices which are directly connected to the PLCs and makes decisions about controlling the state of output devices (which can be actuators, solenoids or valves) to either energize or de-energize them. All PLC systems uses Ladder Logic programming software. They are modular and highly portable.
The PLCs system continuously checking the status of input devices and notifies the operator if there’s an error somewhere in the process, who can then pause the operation process and check the data from the SCADA system. This data can be checked via an Human Machine Interface (HMI).
DOWNLOAD PDF INFORMATION:
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI) are local machines. HMI is an operator window of the supervisory system that allows the operator to interact with the controlled system or device. It presents plant information to the operating personnel graphically in the form of mimic diagrams, which are a schematic representation of the plant being controlled, and alarm and event logging pages. The HMI is linked to the SCADA supervisory computer to provide live data to drive the mimic diagrams, alarm displays and trending graphs. In many installations the HMI is the graphical user interface for the operator, collects all data from external devices, creates reports, performs alarming, sends notifications, etc.
A SCADA Diagram / HMI diagram can be as simple as a few pages to hundreds pages. From as simple design as a Hot Water Calorifier package to complex systems as Emergency Shut Down Valve system (ESDVs) and other process packages.
For example, Mowe sit our HMI on robust and reliable software platforms proven in Marine & Offshore from Rockwell Allen Bradley or Siemens.
Why is the use of SCADA system essential?
• Enable integrated control of multi-platform systems / processes from a remote location or locally.
• Interaction with sensors, pumps, motors, and valves through an HMI (Human-Machine Interface) software.
• Vivid Visual display and presentation for good understanding.
• Reliable redundancy features
• Collecting and recording the events into a file.
- Increase safety in operations e.g. automation startup and shutdown sequence.
- Reduce implementation cost and increase efficiency.
- Reduce long term maintenance cost.
- Increasing ease of maintenance.